Raise your hand if you love coffee and wine! Honestly, I’m sitting here with both hands in the air. I enjoy starting my morning with a fresh cup of Counter Culture’s Organic Apollo coffee and ending my day with a dark red glass of wine. The only drawback to these happy moments of the day…discolored teeth! (psst…this blog contains affiliate links. a small % of the sales help me keep this blog running so I can continue sharing all this natural goodness with you.)
My smile is one of my favorite features. Smiling is contagious and I use it often! On a side note, many hours of my life have been spent at the dentist, orthodontist and periodontist. That’s an investment I don’t want to waste. So, here is my secret weapon: My Magic Mud Whitening Tooth Powder.
Years ago, when we were preparing for our wedding, we both used those white strips that bleach your teeth. While our pearly whites looked fabulous in photos, I shutter to think of all the chemicals we ingested. In our second year of chemical free living, My Magic Mud Whitening Tooth Powder is the answer to naturally whitening our teeth.
What I love about this tooth whitening product:
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Chemical Free
- Removes toxins and impurities
- Made with Living Clay
- Removes stains without eroding tooth enamel
How To Use tooth whitening powder:
- Choose your location: sink or shower. I prefer the shower as I head there immediately after my morning coffee. Plus, this process can be a bit messy.
- Make sure to have the plastic scoop handy.
- Carefully open the jar as the loose clay can easily come out.
- Have a soft bristeled toothbrush handy. I have a separate one kept in a travel case that I take into the shower with me.
- Scoop out a small amount of tooth whitening powder and place under your tongue.
- Hop in the shower and brush your teeth and gums for 2 minutes with your mouth closed.
- When finished, spit into shower drain and rinse.
- Oftentimes, it is best to floss to remove any bits of charcoal that might remain in your mouth after brushing.
Here’s the honest truth, the My Magic Mud Whitening Powder has not made my smile 100% sparkling white. It’s not a miracle worker. However, it has removed a significant amount of discoloring that happens due to my morning coffee routine.
I have been using this teeth whitener 3 to 5 days a week for the past month with noticeable improvements. Some reviewers have noted additional tooth sensitivity after using this product. I did not notice a decrease or increase in the sensitivity of my teeth. I did just visit the dentist yesterday with a clean bill of health. The dental hygienist actually told me my gums were incredibly healthy!
I’ve included a few links within the blog post where you can find this tooth whitener. It is a pricier product, as most natural items are. However, it should last you around 150 cleanings! Try it out and let me know what you think.