(Disclosure: Some of the product links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small affiliate commission. This helps keep my blog running!)
When asking my friends with curls about their favorite deep conditioner, I made sure to note my curl type. I have 2c 3a curls that are low porosity and lightly highlighted (blog post).
The conditioning cream comes in two sizes. A 2 Oz tube or an 8 Oz jar. As the vegan conditioner currently has 4.5 stars on Amazon, I took the plunge and purchased the jar.
Initial Curlsmith Hydro Creme Soothing Mask Thoughts
- Smells Amazing: The scent is strong. My husband could smell it through the Amazon delivery bag. However, if you don’t mind perfumes, the scent is lovely. I believe it is the cedarwood, lavender and thyme mixture.
- Weightless: The advertisement said, “weightless hydration.” I would affirm this. When applying, I thought it wasn’t thick enough, but the results said differently.
- For All Hair Types: This deep conditioner will work for everyone! Including, thin and low porosity hair.
- Scalp Happiness: I have a super dry scalp and have fought the need to use medicated shampoos. This deep conditioner has Hyaluronic Acid in it. “Just 1 gram of it can holdup to 6 liters of water!” Quote from the jar label. Basically, your hair stays hydrated without being weighed down by oils and butters.
- Healthy Ingredients: No sulphates, no parabens, no silicones, no mineral oils and no phthalates.
My Curly wash Day process
It had only been two days since I washed my curls. My roots were dry and frizzy. It was time for a deep conditioning treatment with heat.
Curly Wash Day shower Products
I washed with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo. Then combed the Curlsmith Hyrdo Crème Soothing Mask from my roots to my tips.
Applying Heat to Deep Conditioner
Next, I put on my shower cap and hair steamer for natural hair (blog post). I got comfortable with my kindle and a good mystery, set my timer for 30 minutes and relaxed.
After putting my book away, I rinsed out the Curlsmith Hydro Crème Soothing Mask with cool water. All while scrunching the product into my curls.
I plopped with my microfiber towel for curly hair (blog post) for 20 minutes. Then, proceeded to apply my curly styling products.
Curl Styling Trio
At this point, my ends were looking dull so I scrunched in Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse. That did the trick!
How I Blow Dry My Curls
I attach my Black Orchid Hair Diffuser (blog post) to my hair dryer, set it to medium heat and hover around my roots. When they have a cast, I slowly hover the diffuser down my hair on all sides until the same occurs.
Lifting my roots with the Black Orchid Diffuser, I dry most of my roots. Then I diffuse the rest of my curls until dry.
Curlsmith Hydro Creme Soothing Mask Results
My initial thoughts were skeptical. The Curlsmith product did not feel like the normal, thick, oily deep conditioners I’ve tried. However, the results were fantastic.
The photo, on the right, was taken immediately after diffusing. I’ve left the curl cast as I prefer to scrunch out the crunch on day two curls.
You can see the before and after results. On the left, I have day 2 curls that are dry and frizzy. My last wash day did nothing to hydrate my curly hair.
On the right, my hair is extremely hydrated without looking oily, crunchy or heavy. And, it smells amazing!
Day 2 and Day 3 Curls
Below are photos of my 2c 3a curls on day 2 and day 3. I have only applied a light oil to my hair.
On a side note, during these three days, it was dry, windy and very cold here in New Hampshire. Without the Curlsmith Hydro Creme Soothing Mask, my coils would never have lasted.
Have your tried Curlsmith products before? What is your favorite and why? Share in the comments below, please!