The resort reviews are in! Sandals Curacao is loved for the friendly, helpful staff, amazing food, and beautiful views. Guests have left mixed tips and reviews on the beach, room types, pool and more.
(Disclosure: Some of the product links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small affiliate commission. This helps keep my blog running!)
Sandals Curacao 101
A brief introduction to the newest Sandals all-inclusive resort! According to Sandal’s website:
Nestled in the Southern Caribbean, on the coast of a tiny, beautiful island where natural and cultural wonders connect to create a beautiful mélange unseen anywhere else. Here is where the natural romance of our intimate island comes alive. You’ll see it in the line where the desert landscape gently slopes into the azure ocean. Waters that invite you to dive in and explore what’s beneath.
- 15 miles from airport
- Average temperatures between 72 and 82 degrees
- 351 luxury rooms and suites
- 24 room categories
- Private preserve surrounds the resort
- 13 unique bars
- 8 5-star dining options plus 3 beachfront food trucks
1. What airport do you fly into for Sandals Curacao? How far is it from the resort?
According to Sandals.com, the all-inclusive resort is 15 miles from the Curacao International Airport. Google directions suggests a 38-minute shuttle ride from resort to airport.
The following North American airlines fly into Curacao:
- America Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air Canada Rouge
- United Airlines
2. Is curacao safe for travel?
Travel.State.Gov as of April 2022, suggests travelers “exercise normal precautions in Curacao. Crimes of opportunity are common, such as pickpocketing and purse snatching, particularly at beaches, hotel lobbies, or from cars. Be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to secure personal property. ” Be sure to update visit this site prior to travel to be advised on current advisories.
3. Best time to visit curacao?
U.S. News says Curacao is ranked #2 on the Best Cheap Caribbean Vacation List. They suggest the best time to visit Curacao is from May to November, during off-peak season, for the lowest airfare and resort rates. The weather is sunny year-round with no worries of hurricane season. Average temperatures are in the mid-80s. Most vacationers choose to visit Curacao between December and April.
4. Sandals Curacao Tips and Reviews: Room types
After reviewing feedback from recent 2022 Sandals Curacao guests on Tripadvisor, here is what they have to say about their rooms.
- Amante One Bedroom Suite Oceanfront (ASP)- views all around and so much storage.
- Awa Seaside Butler Bungalow with Private Pool – incredible view, pool, and location.
- Carisia Club Level Walkout rooms (WCCO) are centrally located to everything. (Buildings 9, 10 & 11)
- Sunchi Club Level Building – beautiful views. However, party and loud music every night just outside.
- Subi Club Level Room – private and quiet.
- Rooms closer to the food trucks are quieter if you aren’t night owls.
It appears the Sunchi Club Level Rooms are located in buildings 1, 2, 7 and 8. The guests did not clarify which building they were in.
TIP: Based on my Sandals Resort experience, evening activities and parties are normally held in the Lobby and Piano Bar. If you prefer privacy and quiet, I suggest requesting a building farthest from this area. However, it won’t be as convenient for guest room pop-ins.
AWA SEASIDE BUNGALOWS - ASP
Located along the coast, these romantic bungalows feature private infinity pools that overlook the Spanish Water. They are also fully stocked with premium liquor. A double-sink bathroom makes getting ready for dinner a breeze. Outside, enjoy a private patio with soaking tub for two.
KURASON ISLAND BUNGALOWS - KB
Bungalows arranged in a hart formation around a semi-private pool and man-made island. Key features of the guest rooms include hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, king-size beds, and smart TVs.
5. Dinner Dress Code at Sandals Curacao
Before your Sandals Resort vacation, check out the restaurants where you wish to make reservations. If they denote “resort evening attire” then pack the following:
Dress pants or jeans for men, long or short sleeve dress shirts (with or without collar). Dress shoes or sandals. No shorts, t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, sneakers, flip flops or slippers. No hats.
6. Restaurants at Sandals Curacao
Say goodbye to everything you know about eating at Sandal’s Resorts. 7 of the 8 restaurants at this couples only resort are ONLY available here. Additionally, the Island Inclusive program allows guests to eat off-site at 8 partnering restaurants.
7. What is the Island Inclusive program?
According to Curacao.com, “Valid on seven-night minimum stays, the program is available exclusively to guests who are booked in Butler suites, as well as Sandals Select Reward Members (Diamond, Pearl, Ambassadors Club), offering one $250 USD voucher to dine out at one of the eight partner restaurants, with off-site roundtrip transportation included. ”
8. Sandals Curacao Amenities and Couples Activities
Curacao is best known for its adventurous terrain, pristine beaches, limestone caves, diving sites and the capital city of Willemstad. If you choose to stay on-site at the resort or explore for yourself, below is a list to get your started.
- Sandals first ever bi-level Dos Awa Infinity Pool. You can view the Spanish Water and mountainous landscape while sipping a signature Curacao cocktail.
- State-Of-The-Art Fitness Centers
- Explore the Estate on a Dutch bike.
- Shuffleboard, lawn chess, pool volleyball, LIVE music, and Red Lane Spa services.
- 80s Pool Party, Silent DJ Party
- Local Tours via catamaran cruise, powerful ATVs, Jeeps, E-bikes, or on foot. Check out Island Routes, the world’s leading Caribbean attraction company.
9. What are Sandals Curacao Reviews saying?
- Friendly, helpful staff that set the entire experience apart from others.
- Calm, crystal clear ocean water.
- Great food. Food trucks are awesome.
- HUGE resort. Bicycles are great to learn the property and as transportation. Plus, great exercise.
- Not enough shade or pool lounge chairs.
- Beach shared with locals.
- Resort located on an inlet. Not on the ocean.
- Patience and planning is necessary for lunch due to staff organization and food options.
- If you are looking for a beach experience, pick a different Sandals Resort location.
- Pack water shoes as some parts of the beach have rocks.
- Make dinner reservations early.
- Dos Awa pool is the “party pool” of Sandals Curacao. Trivia games and more throughout the day.
- If you are signed up for a tour or excursion, bring cash to tip.
9 Sandals Curacao Tips and Reviews: Conclusion
There you have it! 9 Sandals Curacao tips and reviews to get you started on your all-inclusive vacation.
While the reviews are mixed, as of today’s date, guests on TripAdvisor and Google Reviews gave the Curacao resort 4 out of 5 stars.
If traveling to Sandals Royal Curacao in 2022, pack your patience and go-with-the-flow attitude. Travelers suggested booking in 2023 for a seamless, no-trouble vacation.
Sandals Resort Travel Tips
We are seasoned Sandals Resort guests. Below are all the adults only, all-inclusive Sandals Resort locations we’ve visited along with tips and reviews of each:
- Sandals LaSource Grenada – 2017 & 12/2019
- Sandals Grande Antigua – 2011 & 2016
- Sandals South Coast, formerly Sandals Whitehouse – 2012 (Sandals website. Photo tour coming soon!)
- Sandals Royal Bahamian – November 2014 & 2023 TRAVEL