If you are on Instagram, then you’ve seen Thrive Causemetics. I will admit, it took me almost 12 months of seeing liquid lash extension posts before I placed my first order. Eventually, they got to me. So, here I am. Another woman with a Thrive Causemetics Review. 🙂
I’m a gluten free gal who prefers clean beauty products that are not only free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, fragrance and gluten but give me a natural, healthy look. In the past, I’ve tried makeup by Serenity + Scott, TULA skincare, Mineral Fusion, Zuzu and Hourglass. Since it was my birthday, I decided to treat myself to a gift bag of eye makeup from Thrive Causemetics.
Here are my unpaid, unsolicited thoughts on the Thrive cosmetics Brilliant Eye Brightener, Infinity Waterproof Eyeliner and Liquid Lash Extension Mascara.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase from them. Thanks for supporting the free content on this site!
Brilliant Eye Brightener: Aurora (rose gold shimmer)
The goal behind using this product is to brighten the eyes while hydrating the skin; therefore, reducing the appearance of fine lines. The Causemetics website states that this brightener is formulated to be long-lasting and waterproof. Makeup users gave it 4.5 stars.
- Great color for olive skin tones. Most pastel colors do not show up on my skin and this one is exactly right.
- I love how the color accents my dark hair and hazel eyes!
- Brightens eyes naturally without looking caked on or too shimmery.
- Truly is waterproof. I wore this to the lake, and it stayed on all day.
- Works as an eyeshadow too!
- Comes with a sharpener.
- Apply to your cupid’s bow. I had never tried this before and I really liked the result!
- Buildable product that goes from a cream to a powder.
- Perfect for those makeup-free days where you want to look fresh and awake.
- Due to the nature of this product being waterproof, it does not come off without eye makeup remover pads. I use these makeup removed pads by Almay. They are great for sensitive eyes.
- I wish this came with more product or was less money. I believe I will run out of this eye brightener much sooner than I’d like as it has so many uses.
Infinity Waterproof Eyeliner: Lauren (Black Matte)
- Great eyeliner for the unsteady hand. Normally, I only wear a liquid eyeliner that requires a steady, precise application. This waterproof eyeliner is easy to apply. Drink all the coffee you want and still have beautiful eyes!
- Perfect eyeliner for smokey eyes. With the angled, smudge tip you can take a simple lined eye and make it glam.
- Includes a sharpener to keep your lines tack sharp.
- Waterproof. Tested this all day at the lake and I didn’t come home with raccoon eyes!!
- Works great for your waterline.
- Gentle on sensitive eyes. I can vouch for this as I cannot handle anything near my eyes without them watering.
- The Lauren, black matte, color defines my hazel eyes and brings out the green color in them.
- Just like the eye brightener, this one takes a little work to remove at the end of the day. I use an oil-free eye makeup remover and it takes several pads to get the liner off my lids. However, I can’t complain because it does its job!
- The price is a bit more than I like to spend.
Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara: Brynn (Rich Black)
Thrive Causemetics states that their best-selling mascara will last all day, give length, definition and curl to your lashes. It shouldn’t flake and should encourage healthier lashes over time. The website goes so far as to say this mascara will “instantly create the look of lash extensions.” This Thrive mascara product was the winner of the Glamour Best Clean Beauty Products of 2020 Award for “The Best Mascara”.
- Great for sensitive eyes. I have yet to find a mascara that doesn’t make my eyes water and feel gritty within a few hours of wearing it. The Causemetics Mascara did not give me any of the allergic reactions I normally have.
- The “Flake-Free Tubing Technology” creates long lashes.
- Lashes have a shiny appearance to them.
- Comes in two colors: black and brown black.
- The tube of Thrive mascara is heavy and gives the feel of a high-quality product.
- Did not notice any smudging or flakes after wearing.
- Easy removal. While I was cleansing my face, I noticed that with water, the mascara was coming right off.
- Messy removal. When I washed my face, I could see “liquid lash extensions” all over the sink. A few flakes stuck to my face afterward.
- Did not give my lashes as much definition or curl as I’d hoped for.
- Basic applicator for the price.
Thrive Causemetics Date Night Look
I tried my new Thrive Causemetics eye makeup products on date night! It was my birthday and my husband and I sat outside in the direct sun for dinner. It was quite hot. Normally, in this scenario, my eyes water, my makeup runs into my eyes, they start burning, I rub them and my makeup is ruined. It didn’t happen. My eyes looked great all evening!
View this post on Instagram
The next day, we spent the entire day at the lake. I wore the waterproof eyeliner and highlighter. Both stayed on beautifully.
I’m excited to test out the mascara a few more times. I will update this makeup review in the near future if my initial thoughts change. Let me know if you have tried this vegan, cruelty-free makeup and your experience. Whether it’s positive or negative, I want to hear it! 🙂
UPDATE: It’s June 30th and I’ve been using my Thrive Causemetics products for two weeks now. I give the mascara five stars. While it doesn’t give me the volume I love, it doesn’t bother my sensitive eyes or leave flakes on my face. The mascara also gives me length and definition.
Where to Buy Thrive Causemetics (Cosmetics)
Currently, you can only purchase Thrive cosmetic makeup products online via their website. I’ve included multiple Thrive coupon buttons on this posting that will take you to the online cosmetic store. If it’s your first time trying out the products, my link will give you $10 off plus free shipping on a purchase of $50+.